don't postpone joy

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

another day in paradise

So, without notice, I abandoned my blog.
I just didn't feel like spending time to write about what was/is happening in my life. I still don't.

I knew I wouldn't get voted number one red hot anything, so that was no surprise...

I got my nose pierced, as you know. (still trying to be inconspicuous at work...so far, so good) and yes, MamaK...we went to 23rd street. from what I understand that 's the ONLY place you're supposed to go.

Did you know it's illegal to get a tattoo in Oklahoma???

Spent an incredibly awkward week at my mom's. I can't explain it, and I don't have the juice to spend trying to confront her about it. Instead I do nothing, and internalize it...stressing my poor lima bean adrenals even more.

The chiropractor formerly known as my crush...who, turns out, is a cool person to have kept around as a friend. All was not lost there. He moves to Denver tomorrow, though. I helped him pack all day sunday, and was relieved he didn'[t need my help yesterday.

I met someone, (we'll call him cute guy) who I thought I'd be starting something with...BUT after talking everyday for a week, and spending the better part of 3 days together, he said he has to clean up a previous mess. I can't help but feeling defective--even though I'm not and I know it. He explained it all out, and it seems at about the same time Mr Arlt was giving me the royal lying to, he was experiencing much the same thing. I know that immediately following my own debacle, I really wasn't ready either. I don't get it though. Maybe I do get it, and I just don't want to see the rug out from under me. again. Before Christmas, my plate was totally clean. and then shows up cute guy. I had no irons in the fire to keep me from devoting full attention to this exciting new thing. I realize that CD making and daily phone calls do not translate into anything other than CDs and phone calls....BUT you'd have a hard time convincing me there isn't something wrong.
He's not an asshole. He didn't do anything wrong. I'm not better off without him, Dad, if he can't see how great I am.
Do people take time/space/clean up messes, and then after a while pick up where they left off? I know it's only been a short time. I know I'll live. I always do. and it's not just him, but today...life doesn't feel that good.
Oh yeah, I've gained 17.5 pounds since October 5.
That helps.

Other men have been resurfacing for some reason...the guy who dumped me for fear of obesity, has been emailing me--the other day he told me to be showered and at my house by 430, as he'd be having beaver for dinner. I can't tell you how touched I was by THAT proposition.
A different guy from 2 YEARS ago wrote to me last night. Apologizing for running away when he realized he could fall in love with me. oops. Wants to have dinner and talk about what our future holds. (did I mention he has made several contacts on the past year and a half, wanting to do something...only to stand me up and never call) I agreed to have dinner with him. Hell, there's really nobody I have been unable to forgive...not sure about any future with him...but I'll hear his schpeel.

In an nutshell-I don't feel funny, smart, sexy, or worthy.
I know this isn't productive.
Oh well.
sue me.


Here I am on NYE...I LOOK happy~
deceiving, eh?




9 Comments:

At 03 January, 2006 15:12, Blogger Jody said...

welcome back and wether you feel it or not from what I see your sexy

 
At 03 January, 2006 15:57, Blogger Osbasso said...

I'm glad you're back. You've been missed. Really! Sorry that things seem a bit down right now. Hope you something to get things spiced up!

 
At 03 January, 2006 16:04, Blogger Dee's Husband Joe said...

Knock! Knock!

Hello?

Hi! I just discovered you here and I'm glad I came in when I did rather than just after you "abandoned" your blog. You have a style that I rather enjoy so I'll be peeking in from time to time.

Happy New Year!

Joe

 
At 03 January, 2006 21:27, Blogger Unknown said...

your smart,funny cute as a bug and for some reason self-imploding lately girl..you put far too much emphasis on what others, namely males put as your value..your priceless and you used to realize this..when did it all change? Why did it all change? there is something going on besides wanting to be in a relationship daisy?..you seem totally outside your usual persona and I just feel bad that there is nothing to say to alleviate your suffering..we here in blogland love you,cherish you and wish for you to find contentment in your life..no one can give you that but you..unless of course you find a geenie in a bottle..and if you do, you need to send it to me after you get a couple of wishes out of her.

 
At 03 January, 2006 21:35, Blogger daisyduke said...

great.
now I'm crying.
thanks Dusty. really I mean it. lately I forget that I totally rock

 
At 03 January, 2006 22:44, Blogger Unknown said...

Fuck yes you rock..you sassy bitch! where is the daisy we love? what changed lately? Its hormones I swear to god..its gotta be..consider that ok?

 
At 03 January, 2006 23:25, Blogger MamaKBear said...

Hiya Daisy!

I'd wondered where you went off to...glad to see you back, now CHEER UP!! See, lotsa people think you're all that and a bag of chips! :)

Yep, I heard 23rd St. was THE place to go too...got my belly pierced out on the road somewhere though, it wasn't in Oklahoma. (I think it was Texas, but not on purpose!)

And yep, I did know it's illegal to get a tattoo in Okieland...I think we're one of the only states left that it is illegal! Times are a-changin' though....there's currently maybe 3 place here now that you can legally get a tat. It's kinda a trial run thing, I'm not real sure of all the details. Supposedly, it's not gonna be illegal anymore sometime soon. Guess the higher ups are tired of us all running down to Texas to get them! LOL I got mine while in San Diego though.

Happy New Year hun! May 2006 bring you everything you've been looking for, and maybe some things you hadn't. :)

p.s. I'm glad you stop by my place now and then!

 
At 04 January, 2006 06:11, Blogger Purring said...

Hey girl. Life is good. Sad sometimes and a little mean but good! You are darling in the photo and apparently in spirit. Chin up and don't let those bed bugs bite! Beat the 'beaver' guy for me. That was icky.

 
At 04 January, 2006 06:57, Blogger Jeff said...

Hey Daisy,

Thanks for stopping by my place.

From the looks of it, it seems like you're a popular gal and it's a good thing you didn't leave this place altogether.

We used to have tattoo shops and the like be illegal here in NYC, but our mayor finally realized that everyone should be allowed to express themselves in whatever manner they want to.

I've heard this quote before and i'm not sure if you'll like it....

"bones are for dogs... men like meat on their plate"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home